You are here
Home > Blog > JUST IN: Boko Haram May Persist For 20 Years, Burutai Reacts Following Calls To Sack Service Chiefs

JUST IN: Boko Haram May Persist For 20 Years, Burutai Reacts Following Calls To Sack Service Chiefs

Spread the love

Following calls for the removal of Service Chiefs over worsening insecurity in the country, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, has suggested that those making such calls lacked proper understanding of how terrorists operate.

Recall that there were renewed calls for President Muhammadu Buhari to sack the country’s security chiefs after Boko Haram insurgents reportedly beheaded over 40 farmers at Zabarmari village in Jere Local Government Area of Borno State on Saturday.

#SackTheServiceChiefs had trended on Twitter on Monday, as Nigerians took to the platform to accuse the security chiefs of incompetence and called for their dismissal by the president.

But reacting in a post on his verified Facebook account on Tuesday, Buratai said ending terrorism in Nigeria would depend on the level of “appropriate responses” by the military and members of the public.

He wrote, “There is general misunderstanding of what insurgency and terrorism entail.  There is likelihood of terrorism persisting in Nigeria for another 20 years. It only depends on the level of escalation and the appropriate responses by all stakeholders both civil and military authorities. Also, by both local and international actors. Citizens responsibility is equally important and imperative. All must cooperate to contain the lingering insecurity.  Let there be collective action and responsibility.”

Meanwhile, THE WHISTLER had reported that following the gruesome murder of the Borno farmers, President Buhari said on Sunday that the military had been given all the necessary support required to fight insurgency.

In a fallow up statement on Monday, the president said he had given the military, “marching order to take the fight to the insurgents, not on a one-off, but on a continuous basis, until we root out the terrorists,” adding that, “We will intensify our cooperation with neighbouring countries on bilateral and multilateral levels, to ensure that there is no hiding place for the terrorists.”

Lady Decency
Decency Global News is one of the world's finest blog you can see anywhere around the world. We deal on fresh facts with indept analysis & investigative reporting across the globe. We advertise & market goods & services for corporate bodies and individuals as well as event management & Public Relations consultation…. We appreciate constructive criticism to serve you better. Welcome & enjoy the news... Contact: ella4decency@gmail.com Tell: +234 803 744 6365 +33757936595

Leave a Reply

Top